Friday, September 14, 2018

Outdoor Farm Show

"Canada's Outdoor Farm Show is the place to be when you want to see the new technology in agriculture. I learned a lot while visiting the COFS. I did not know how serious soil erosion really was until I saw all of the different technology to reduce it, like strip tillage. Also, the need for keeping your soil healthy by reducing compaction was interesting to learn about. I found the Dekalb tent most interesting with all of the different varieties of seed and how to make the most out of droughts and wet soils. When I spoke with General Seed I learned that having lower cobbs on silage corn stalks allows the plant to be healthier and soak up more nutrients. When visiting the show it made me want to learn more since whatever happens in agriculture will affect people's food in a good or bad way. Information on crops and soil is vital info and I find myself always wanting to learn more on why plants grow and how to improve and stop any issues that would occur in crops and soil. I was very impressed and can't wait to go again next year to learn more." Ian J.




No comments:

Post a Comment